Turmeric Latte - Quick Recipe for the full effect!
The bright yellow turmeric drink “Golden Latte” is said to have healing effects.
Effects of the golden latte
The golden latte consists of plant milk, turmeric, ginger and other ingredients which you will find in the recipe below. It not only tastes wonderful and warms the body but it is also incredibly healthy. The perfect drink on a cold night!
- The golden latte has been used in Ayurvedic teaching for centuries as a healing, stimulating and cleansing drink. Turmeric is valued as a versatile remedy in Indian and Chinese medicine. In combination with the other ingredients, the milk unfolds its full effect
- The golden latte is said to have a strong anti-inflammatory effect and to protect against diseases of the joints. It is said to even alleviate symptoms of chronic inflammation such as arthritis
- In addition, turmeric milk is said to strengthen the immune system and prevent various diseases
- The drink is said to have a strong antioxidant effect and can thus prevent premature ageing of the skin
- Golden latte is supposed to stimulate liver function and support the body in digestion and detoxification
- Turmeric milk is also said to have a longterm physical and mental stimulating effect. It protects against Alzheimer’s and to help with sleep disorders
All the positive effects speak for themselves and are a good reason to try the golden latte yourself.
Quick recipe for golden latte
In order to obtain the optimal stimulating and protective effect of the turmeric milk use only high-quality ingredients and a plant-derived milk (such as almond milk) without additives for the preparation. For a glass of golden latte you need the following ingredients:
- 300ml plant-derived milk such as almond milk
- a piece of ginger (approx. 2 cm long – the more you use the spicier the drink)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- a pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- dates or 1 tsp agave syrup for sweetness
Preparation of the golden latte
Traditionally, a turmeric paste is first made from the ingredients, which is then stirred into the milk. However, this is more complex and not absolutely necessary. It’s prepared faster the following way:
- Put the ingredients into a blender and mix everything thoroughly until you get a fine consistency
- If the consistency is not fine enough, pass the turmeric latte through a fine sieve
If you want to get as many nutrients as possible and prefer to drink raw turmeric latte, your drink is now ready.
If you prefer to drink warm milk, please continue:
- Put the milk into a saucepan and boil it briefly
- Let the turmeric latte simmer on a low setting for 2 minutes
- If you like you can then froth the turmeric milk with a milk frother
If the taste is too unusual for you, you can start with less turmeric and ginger. And if you don’t have much time, you can also buy the turmeric latte as an already-to-mix organic powder here: https://www.organicfoods.com.au/product/org-nutra-organics-golden-latte-90g/